Business opportunities abound in the lively waterfront village of Rouses Point, NY - which is why businesses such as Belcam, Inc., Powertex - and even the US Dept. of Homeland Security - have chosen to locate here. A natural gateway to Vermont, Canada, and all of New York State, Rouses Point intersects major thoroughfares and travel destinations.
Rouses Point is an ideal place to expand or start a business. The advantages of Rouses Point Economic Development include:
- Affordable lakefront / downtown real estate
- Close proximity to the Canadian border
- Some of the lowest utility costs in the nation
- Significant downtown thru-traffic via the Rouses Point Bridge
- A charming downtown
- 3 airports within a 50 mile radius (Montreal, Burlington, Plattsburgh)
Rouses Point's beautiful scenery, excellent educational resources and affordability have long attracted people to the region. In the last three year's, fifteen new businesses have opened in the Village, eager to take advantage of the many amenities and resources that the community has to offer.
Additionally, Rouses Point provides easy access to outdoor recreation activities including boating on Lake Champlain, camping, golfing, fishing and world-class skiing in the Adirondack High Peaks and Green Mountains of Vermont. Throughout the year, Rouses Point is home to unique historical attractions, cultural events and festivals, all of which are big draws for both residents and tourists.
There are many business opportunities in Rouses Point. Some wants/needs as defined in the Downtown & Waterfront Revitalization Plan include:
- Wine/Liquor store
- Specialty food store or Produce stand
- Affordable "boutique" shops
- Physical Fitness Studio
- General Merchandise
- Outdoor cafes on Lakefront
- Bike/Boat rentals
- Fishing Guides
- Book Store
- Children's Apparel/Toys
- Lodging - Hotels/Motels/Inns/Bed & Breakfasts
- Sporting Goods
- Marina Supplies/Apparel/Gifts
- Scenic Lake Cruises
- Outdoor activity tours - snowmobile, XC skiing, Boating
For information on starting a business in Rouses Point, fill out the inquiry form or contact the Village Clerk/Administrator at email@example.com .
Come explore the opportunities. Rouses Point, NY is open for business.