Energy Saving Tips
- KEEP COOL WITHOUT THE AC - 1)Turn on the fan; 2) Close the curtains; 3) Avoid the use of oven and other heat generating appliances, such as the dishwasher, washing machine, and clothes dryer; 4) Plant a tree on the hottest side of your house.
- DISHWASHER DO'S & DON'TS - 1) DO wash full loads; 2) DON'T pre-rinse dishes 3) DO dry dishes without heat 4) DON'T use a dishwasher made before 1994; 4) DO load it correctly.
- WRAP YOUR WATER HEATER - Buy an insulation blanket to reduce your water heater's energy consumption by as much as 10%.
- REMOVE DRYER LINT - Improve your dryer performance and minimize fire hazards by cleaning your lint filter after every load--doing so can save you as much as $34 a year on energy costs.
- SEAL AIR LEAKS - Air escapes from leaks all over the your home--hunt down and seal them using weather stripping and caulking to reduce your energy bills by as much as 20%.
- TURN DOWN THERMOSTAT - By turning your thermostat down to 68 degrees Fahrenheit, you can reap considerable savings. For every degree you lower your heat in the 60 to 70 degree Fahrenheit range, you will save up to 5% on heating costs.